Monday, April 20, 2009

Tea Party Protests and those who don't get it.

So last week I went to the Tea Party tax protest that was taking place in over 300 cities throughout the country. This peaceful and informative gathering was to protest the actions of our politicians (on both sides) spending all of our grandchildren's future earnings and running a multi-trillion dollar deficit. It starts with Bush's stimulus plan and bailouts and continues with Obama and Congresses passing of more spending than has ever been spent in the history of money!! The gathering, which drew over 1,000 to the steps of the capitol in Springfield, was a true grass-roots gathering of like minded individuals who are very scared at the policies and spending that our governement in implementing. It was great to know that I wasn't the only one feeling the way I feel about things. It gave me great hope that our country might be able to pull out of things before our government spends us into the ground and leaves us with generational international debt. My favorite sign of the rally: "Bankrupt our childred and our country? YES WE CAN!"

So I'm working out this morning listening to a podcast of CNN anchor Keith Oberman interview (or rather sitting back and listening to the rantings of) Jeneanne Garafalo (ya, I know that's not how you spell it, but you know who I'm talking about). Here are some DIRECT QUOTES of what Jeneane had to say about the rallys:

"You know, there is nothing more interesting than seeing a bunch of racists become confused and angry at a speech [that] they're not quite sure what he's saying. It sounds right to them, but then it doesn't make sense. Which, let's be very honest about what this is about. Its not about bashing democrats, its not about taxes, they have no idea what the Boston Tea Party was about, they don't know their history at all. This is about hating a black man in the white house. This is racism straight-up. That is nothing but a bunch of tea-bagging rednecks."

Wow, yes, she really just said that. And Oberman is in the background here saying "Yup... That's right..."

Are you kidding me? Let's listen on... She goes on to say:

"You know, you can tell these kinds of right-wingers anything and they'll believe it, except the truth. You tell em the truth and they become like Frankenstein's monster seeing fire. They become confused, angry, and highly volatile." (all the while, Oberman is saying "Mmm Hmm...mmm hmm... mmm hmmm.)

"This is about racism. It could be any issue, any port in the storm. These guys hate that a black guy is in the white house. They immigrant bash, they pretend its taxes and tea bags, and like I said, most of them couldn't probably tell you thing one about taxation without representation, the Boston Tea Party, British Imperialism, whatever the history lesson has to be."

"I didn't know there were so many racists left, I didn't know that. Cause as I said, the republican hyphen conservative movement has now crystalized into the white power movement".

Excuse me, the WHITE POWER MOVEMENT? did she really just say that? Yes, she did. And Keith Oberman was right there going mmm hmm.... mmm hmmm...

I don't know what makes me more angry:

-The fact this idiot has such a skewed view of the people who are against spending our goverment into the ground,

-The fact she equates peaceful protesters to rasicist supporters of the white power movement

-The fact that I'm quite certain she did not attend her local protest but seems fit to give her opinion on the attendees,

-or the fact that she has a national audience on a reputable major network!

I think Jeneanne is the white female embodiment of Jesse Jackson or Rev Al Sharpton. After hearing the above monologue, I can't remember the last time I've heard such race baiting on a national broadcast. She makes me want to puke. What an idiot.

So, in case someone's only point of view on the anti-tax protests, is from quacks like her, let me clear up a few things:
-This was not an anti-Obama rally, it was an anti-tax and debt rally that scolded Bush, Congress, and Obama equally for their hands in this predicament.
-There was absolutely no race talk at all. None.
-The people at the rally, and I talked to a lot of them standing around me, seem quite educated and acutely aware of what is happening in our country (unlike Jeneane who is clearly out of touch with this movement)
-This is not about a black man in the office. I don't care if the man in office is Dutch, African, Chinese, Mexican, or a space alien, if I think what he's doing to our country will run it into the ground irrevocably I'M GOING TO SPEAK OUT ABOUT IT!

I wish our media didn't have such an obvious agenda.

No comments:

Post a Comment